TAGs-Transfer Admission Guarantee
General information and eligibility requirements Agreements
What is Transfer Admission Agreement/Guarantee (TAA/TAG)?
It is a contract between students and four year universities that is offered to eligible students who are seeking guaranteed admission to universities.
Transfer Admission Agreements (TAA) is offered by:
- California State Universities (CSU)
- Private universities
Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) is offered by:
- University of California (UC)
How many contracts may be signed at one time?
- Only one with UC campuses, and as many as possible with CSU and Private Universities, if the eligibility requirements are met.
What are the general eligibility requirements?
- Have successfully completed 30 transferable units
- Have met the GPA requirement of the university of choice
- Completed 60 transferable units by the end of preceding transfer semester
For example: if transferring in Fall 2013, all required courses must have been completed by the end of Spring 2013. Some universities may require students to complete the major courses by the end of the Fall term.
- Must be a full-time student at Cañada College community college
TAA may not apply to all programs
How can I find what courses are transferrable? Please meet with your academic counselor and bring a copy of your transcripts from all colleges attended, and the results of AP exams if there is any. For transferability of courses to CSU and UC campuses go to www.assist.org.
You may visit the Web site of the private universities to find the transferability of courses under the "articulation agreements".
What is my Transfer GPA?
Total completed Transfer units /Total points = Total transfer GPA
Please see your counselor or meet with the Transfer program Supervisor/Counselor.
Where can I find the Transfer agreement forms?
The Transfer Agreement information is available at the Transfer Counseling Center. The UC TAG application is available only online at: https://uctag.universityofcalifornia.edu/
Instructions to complete a TAG:
1. Meet with your counselor to discuss your major and your eligibility, including course transferability, and transfer GPA.
2. Complete a TAA/TAG form
3. Meet with the Transfer Center Coordinator to finalize your contract for submission to universities.
5. Must complete and submit the university general admission application by the university application deadline. Do not wait for the last minute; make an appointment with your counselor now!
Note: TAA/TAG does not apply to impacted and selected programs.
UC campuses are limiting the number of TAG to one campus only.
- TAG Homepage with Campus Links. (UCOP)
- TAG Online Admission Planner for Students - (TAG Application) (UCOP)
- TAG Online Review Site for Counselors (UCOP)
- TAG Matrix - ('14/15) (UCOP)
- Transfer Agreement/Transfer Admission Chart - Print date: 2012-13. Cañada College
- Application Update (UC Office-TAG Resources
- Your TAG Decision 2014 (UCD)
*** Developing a TAG workshop PowerPoint? Before reinventing the wheel...see the Best Practices page for modifiable TAG power points shared by various CC's.
The following links take you directly to the individual UC Campus' homepage for TAG information.
TAG Links By UC for Fall 2014:
- UC Davis
- UC Irvine
- UC Merced (New SP '14 TAG Requirements)
- UC Riverside
- UC San Diego
- UC Santa Barbara
- UC Santa Cruz
TAG Application PowerPoint (ppt.)