UC Transfer Requirements
To be considered for UC admission as a junior, you must fulfill both of the following:
- Complete 60 semester units (90 quarter) units of transferable college credit with a GPA of at least 2.4 (2.8 if you're a nonresident). No more than 14 semester (21 quarter) units may be taken Pass/Not Pass.
- Complete the following course pattern requirements, earning a grade of C or better in each course.
Two transferable college courses (3 semester or 4-5 quarter units each) in English composition.
- One transferable college course (3 semester or 4-5 quarter units) in mathematical concepts and quantitative reasoning.
- Four transferable college courses (3 semester or 4-5 quarter units each) chosen from at least two of the following subject areas:
- Arts and Humanities
- Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Physical and Biological Sciences
Each course must be worth at least 3 semester units.
- Keep in mind that meeting these requirements does not guarantee admission to the campus or major of your choice. Many campuses and majors receive more applications than they have spaces available. To be competitive, you should work toward meeting the specific requirements for the campuses and majors you're interested in. Make an appoinment with your transfer counselor to get specific requirements for the campus of your choice.