In all of our interactions, we are guided by the following values.
- We commit ourselves to excellence.
- We seek out the best tools, people, and resources to accomplish our work.
- We are dedicated to ongoing learning for individual and organizational growth.
- We work diligently to exceed the expectations of those we serve.
- We treat everyone with equal consideration and courtesy.
- We engage others with compassion, empathy and tolerance.
- We encourage differences in perspectives, opinions, and ideas.
- We provide an environment that is inclusive and diverse.
- We relate to each other with honesty and candor.
- We adhere to the principles of fairness, justice, and equality in our work.
- We promote the highest standards of our profession, including open and equitable access to information.
- We maintain a strong work ethic, taking responsibility for our actions, keeping our word, and following through on our commitments.
- We engage in open and honest communication at all levels.
- We seek feedback to ensure understanding.
- We reach out to all segments of our user communities.
- We share information and solicit opinions about decisions that affect the success of the Library.