Students who have completed Assessment and Orientation can proceed to Register using WebAdvisor. Contact counseling at 895-2378 for help with class selection or refer to our Catalog and Transfer Page for additional help.
WHAT TYPE OF STUDENT ARE YOU?
- NEW COLLEGE STUDENT You are a new college student if you are attending Butte College for the first time OR have completed fewer than 24 units at a college other than Butte. If you have taken courses at Butte College while in high school and have since graduated, you are considered a new college student. (Complete Steps 1-6)
- NEW TRANSFER-IN You are a new transfer-in student if you are attending Butte College for the first time and have completed 24 or more units with a 2.0+ GPA at a college other than Butte. (Complete Steps 1-6)
- RETURNING You are a returning student if you previously completed course work at Butte College and are returning after a lapse of time or enrollment at another college. (Complete Steps 2-6)
- CONTINUING You are a continuing student if you attended the preceding fall or spring term. Continuing students receive priority registration times in April and November. (Complete Steps 5-6)
- K-12 You are a K-12 student if you are under 18 and have not graduated high school. To take classes you must have a concurrent enrollment authorization on file by the deadline. (Complete Steps 1 and 4-6)
1. APPLY FOR ADMISSION
Apply online. If you need an application sent to you, call (530) 895-2511.
2. APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov, using the Butte College Federal School Code - 006972. Completing a FAFSA before you enroll may exempt you from the requirement to pay fees within 7 days. See Financial Aid for additional information. Also see Step 6 below.
3. REQUEST TRANSCRIPTS
Send your official transcripts from all previously attended colleges to Butte College Admissions and Records: 3536 Butte Campus Drive, Oroville, CA 95965. Allow 4-6 weeks for delivery and processing.
4. CONTACT ASSESSMENT AND SCHEDULE ORIENTATION
All New College and New Transfer-In Students are required to complete Assessment prior to attending Orientation. Go to assessment or call (530) 895-2511 for test scheduling and preparation information. Once you have contacted Assessment, visit the Orientation website on or after May 4, 2015 at orientation to schedule your Orientation session.
- New College Students MUST attend an in-person orientation which consists of a campus tour, meeting with a counselor, setting up your MyBC Account, and registering for courses.
- New Transfer-In Students MUST complete either an on-line orientation OR an in-person orientation. If you have completed English, and/or math courses at another college or plan to enroll in a course with an established prerequisite, go to "Prerequisites" on the Assessment website or call (530) 895-2511 to request an evaluation of your transcripts.
5. REGISTER FOR CLASSES
New College Students will register during their Orientation. New Transfer-In Students who choose to complete an in-person orientation will register during their Orientation. New Transfer-In Students who choose to complete an on-line orientation will be able to register through their MyBC account on or after May 21, 2015. If you are not required to attend orientation then see the class schedule, MyBC or admissions for "Times to Register."
- Confirm your schedule after you register with "My Class Schedule"
- You must attend the first day of class to ensure enrollment.
Students have 7 days from the time of registration to pay fees or they will be dropped from one or more classes. See Paying Your Fees in the schedule or 7days for details.
Questions about Admissions, Assessment, Registration, Financial Aid, and Orientation, call (530) 895-2511; for Counseling call (530) 895-2378.