What To Do: Faculty
All faculty are responsible for documenting assessments of student achievement of SLOs in every course they teach. SLO documentation includes the following:
- Course syllabi -- include up-to-date SLOs from the official Course Outline of Record.
- Grade justifications -- include alignments of SLOs to course assignments. Each SLO from the Course Outline of Record must align with at least one assignment.
- Grade submissions -- include a brief reflection on student achievement of SLOs in the course. Brief reflections should identify successes and/or areas for improvement.
What To Do: Chairs/Coordinators
Department chairs and coordinators provide oversight of SLO assessment documentation. SLO assessment documentation includes the following:
- Brief reflections dialog and summary -- each semester, organize a department meeting to discuss brief reflections from the prior semester and submit a summary.
- Deep dives schedule -- maintain a schedule to ensure that each Program Learning Outcome is assessed at least once each six-year program review cycle.
- Deep dives dialog and summary -- in scheduled reporting semesters, organize a department meeting to discuss deep dive assessments and submit a summary.
What are brief reflections and deep dives? See the About page.