V. A. Work-study program
The V. A. Work-study program is an opportunity to “earn while you learn”. Students employed in the work-study program fill a number of positions at various V. A. facilities throughout Butte County.
Employment opportunities are available to eligible students.
Eligible students include:
- Students who receive GI Bill Benefits or Dependent educational benefits AND
- Must be enrolled at least 3/4 time (9 units).
Students with V. A. disability ratings will have priority over non disabled students.
Benefits of V. A. work-study employment:
- Flexible schedule
- Tax free income (Federal or state minimum wage, whichever is higher).
- Positions on or near campus (when available).
Approved local work-study locations:
- Butte County Veterans Office
- Chico Vets Center
- Butte Community College
- California State University, Chico
How to apply:
- Choose an approved work-study location and contact them for employment opportunities
- Complete VA Form 22-8691 Application for VA Work-Study Allowance
- Bring completed application to your prospective employer.