Back to Section Home

How to Apply for Benefits

1. Complete VA Application for Education Benefits.  We encourage all applicants to complete this application in our office to avoid confusion and delays in the process.

2. Complete an Application for Admission to Butte. The application can be obtained from the Admissions and Records Office or online.

3. Provide Butte College with Transcripts. This includes any colleges you attended before, during, or after your military service. 

4. Take the Assessment Tests.  Testing schedules are available through the Assessment Office or online.

5. Attend Orientation: Schedule an appointment, either by visiting the Welcome Center or online.

6. Meet With a Counselor for a Veterans Education Plan. This Ed Plan will list each class you need to take in order to reach your educational goal.

7. Register for Courses. Although you may register for any courses, only those courses that fall within your Ed Plan will be certified.

8. Complete and Turn in a Declaration of Enrollment.  Within 72 hours of registering for classes.

If you have any questions or would like more info, call or e-mail the Butte College Office of Veterans Services at: (530) 895-2566 or You can also find us on Facebook by searching for Butte College Veteran’s Resource Center and clicking “like.”

Butte College | 3536 Butte Campus Drive, Oroville CA 95965 | General Information 530.895.2511

Back to Top