Configuring iOS Devices for Office 365
New Account Setup
Go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Choose Add Account:
Choose Exchange from the list of account types:
Enter your Butte College username and password in the fields provided, and type an optional description. Then tap Next.
Select items to synchronize, and tap Save.
You're finished! Your account should begin synchronizing immediately.
Sometimes, iOS devices will not retrieve the correct server settings automatically. If you have problems setting up your account, or are unable to send or receive mail, follow the following steps:
- Go to the settings page
- Choose Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Under Accounts, tap Exchange
- Under Exchange, tap Account (this will also show your email address)
- Confirm that the settings are set as below:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Server: outlook.office365.com
- Domain: leave this blank
- Username: email@example.com
- Password: your_password
- Under "Advanced Settings", confirm that "Use SSL" is turned on.
The Settings page should look like this when you are finished:
If you notice missing items, have troubles logging in, or have other issues, please contact the helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org and use Outlook Web App until we are able to assist you.