Microsoft Home Use Program (HUP)
Butte College faculty and staff are eligible to participate in the Microsoft Home Use Program (HUP).
- Butte College faculty and staff are eligible for this program.
- The software may be used at home for personal use.
- Software is downloaded from the web; optional media is available for an additional charge.
- A key code is required to access the software.
- Microsoft Office Enterprise 2013 (Windows), Office 2011 (Mac), and language packs are available.
- Payment is by credit card, online transactions only.
- The program only allows a user to purchase either the Windows or Mac version of Office, but not both. The software version purchased can be installed on two (2) computers, either two (2) PCs or two (2) Macs, specific to the software that was purchased.
- Questions before purchasing should be directed to email@example.com. After purchasing, direct questions to Digital River on the Microsoft HUP website or by telephone at 1-877-237-3165; assistance with reinstallation of software/reactivated download link, 1-877-696-7786; technical support, 1-800-936-4900.
To order Microsoft Office through the HUP option, follow these steps:
- Retrieve program code from MyBC. Once you're logged in, go to Departments -> IT User Support Services -> Faculty & Staff Help Docs & Tutorials. Click the "Microsoft Office Help" tab and click the link to the "Microsoft Home Use Program Now available" document.
- Using the program code, you will place your order on the Microsoft HUP site at http://hup.microsoft.com/.
- On the website, select your country/region location using the pulldown menu.
- When the online form appears, enter your Butte College email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and the program code. Click the "Submit" button.
- You will receive an email from Microsoft after they have verified your eligibility. It may take several minutes before you receive the verification email from Microsoft.
- To place your order, click on the "Buy Now" link in the email you receive, add the items you wish to purchase to your cart, and select Begin Checkout.
- On the checkout screen, enter your billing address and credit card information.
- Select Continue and follow the prompts to complete your purchase and download your software.
Microsoft Office Home Use Program Terms and Conditions