Benefits for all foster youth
- Priority Registration so you can get the classes you need to graduate- most current and former foster youth are eligible for priority registration. We can help you get set up with this.
- Drop-in appointments to talk about any problems affecting your schooling
- A campus lounge designated only for foster youth
- Student Leadership Opportunities (by becoming a peer mentor)
- Community with other foster youth
- Help with College Entrance Forms such as Admissions, Financial Aid, and Scholarship Applications
- Campus events especially for foster youth
- Help with transferring from Butte College to a four-year university (like Chico State)
- Social Activities
- Help with using campus and community resources: housing, wellness center, tutoring, childcare, food pantry, student health center, transportation, etc.
- A computer lab with free printing
- If money is available, help paying for textbooks.
- And, Snacks!
Benefits for Inspiring Scholars Group Members
- Additional school support from peers
- Opportunities to meet with foster youth who attend Chico State
- Looks great on a resume and college applications
- Fun on campus events and community outings!
Benefits for participating in the Academic Support Program
- Help with avoiding academic probation or losing financial aid
- Possible Class Credit (some classes will allow this with instructor approval)
- Encouragement to do better in classes
- Help with organization