Financial Aid Office Banner

Higher One


 Butte College partners with Higher One®,a financial  services company which provides refund methods for students to receive financial aid disbursements. Students eligible for a financial aid disbursement, or “refund,” must set up an account with Higher One for the payment type of their choice – opening a OneAccount with Higher One, an ACH transfer into a bank account of their choice, or a paper check from Higher One. Paper checks from Butte College are not a choice.

New students, who are enrolled and have a FAFSA on file with Butte College, will receive a card from Higher One in a bright green envelope mailed to their address of record. Receiving a Higher One card is not a guarantee of financial aid. Butte College must have your current mailing address in order for you to receive the Higher One information and card. It is your responsibility to update your address.  Please go to MyBC immediately and take a moment to review the address on file. It is important that you receive your card in a timely fashion.


Do not throw away the Higher One mailing or the enclosed card. Activate your account with Higher One immediately. Click on link below to get started.

Higherone Button


Higher One Options: Make a Choice

On the BC Access website you can learn more about the options available to you. The BC Access Card is designed to provide you with increased choice when it comes to receiving your financial aid. The “Easy Refund” debit card method is the fastest and easiest way to gain access to your disbursement, or refund money. Click on “Easy Help” on the BC Access Card site to learn more. If you choose "Easy Refund, you will receive your funds literally the same day the funds are released.

BC Access Card

Reminder: Please activate your card as soon as you receive it. You must choose an option. Do not throw it away. Remember, even if you are not expecting a financial aid refund soon, you may qualify for financial aid in the future. Activate your card and be ready!


BC Access Card  This link allows you to activate your BC Access Card .
Higher One Identification Form  Due to federal regulations, Higher One is required to properly identify each of its account holders.
Where's my card?  This link allows you to track down your BC Access Card.
Contact Higher One Customer Service For additional help call Higher One at 1-877-405-5431