Back to Section Home

Step 2 - Reg2Go


How to Pay
How to Apply for Financial Aid

Students will have 7 days from the time of registration to pay fees or they will be dropped from classes. For more information on 7 Days to Pay, click here.

To avoid being dropped take one of the following steps:

  • Pay fees in full.
  • Create a fee payment plan online
  • Show proof of sufficient eligibility for financial assistance. Students who can demonstrate proof of financial assistance will be exempt from the 7-day payment policy.
    • Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or a California Dream Act Application (the financial aid application for AB540-eligible students) or 
    • Provide proof of financial assistance (scholarship, patron agreement, etc.) to the Butte College Business Office.

Several types of financial aid are available to students, including grants, loans, Work Study, and scholarships. Awarding of funds is based on financial need, student eligibility, and the amount of funds available.

To apply for Financial Aid, complete the FAFSA online. The FAFSA for 2017-2018 will be available October 1, 2016. You should complete your FAFSA by March 2nd to maximize your eligibility for all available funds.  Students who are undocumented that meet AB540 affidavit requirements should complete the 2017-2018 California Dream Act Application by March 2nd to be eligible for state funding.

IMPORTANT AB540 Students:  Once student has graduated from their high school, student must complete the AB 540 Affidavit form and submit it to the Butte College Admission and Records.

Also see the Butte College Financial Aid Office for information.

Butte College | 3536 Butte Campus Drive, Oroville CA 95965 | General Information (530) 895-2511

Back to Top