International Education Week at Butte College
The Butte College Welcome Center will host this year's International Education Week from November 18 through November 21, 2013. Activities and performances will be located in the Campus Center Dining Hall, Student Lounge, Culture and Community Center, Campus Center Lawn, Center for Excellence and Chico Center Student Lounge.
International Education Week provides an opportunity to celebrate the benefits of international education and exchange worldwide.
Schedule of Events
November 18 – 20, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. in Campus Center Dining Hall: Informational booths will be featured from the African Student Association, International Club, Asian Student Association, and Foreign Languages Club, along with international food tastings.
- 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Campus Center Lounge, 3536 Butte Campus Drive, Oroville: Educational poster displays and henna tattoos.
- 12 p.m. - 1 p.m. Campus Center Lounge, 3536 Butte Campus Drive, Oroville: African dance lesson.
- 5:30 p.m. – 8 p.m. Chico Center Student Lounge, 2320 Forest Avenue, Chico: Student mixer with dinner and activities.
- 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., Campus Center Dining: Educational Poster Displays
- 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., Culture and Community Center: International Film
- 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Campus Center Dining: Chico State Study Abroad Program and a Turkish Corner by Ayse Taskiran.
- 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. Campus Center Dining: Performance by Shasta Taiko Japanese drummers.
- 12 p.m. – 1 p.m., Center for Excellence: Chico State Study Abroad Program
- 3 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Center for Excellence Library 216: Exploring study abroad models with Peggy Jennings-Severe.
- 2 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. in the Center for Excellence, LB216: Flex Workshop faculty panel on "Globalizing our Curriculum."
For more information about International Education Week, contact (530) 893-7470 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.