Minimum Transfer Eligibility Requirements
- 60 CSU-transferable units (courses numbered 1-99 + PE courses)
- 30 GE CSU-transferable units, completed with grades of "C" or better, which must include:
- All of Area A (speech, English, Critical Thinking)
and Area B4 (A transferable Math numbered between 1 - 99)
- Minimum 2.0 GPA for California residents
Note: Many CSUs now require that these four courses be completed by spring for fall transfer, by summer for spring transfer.
Recommended Transfer Guidelines
- 30 CSU-transferable units for full junior standing
- 39 CSU-transferable GE units completed & certified, of which 30 units (including all of Areas A & B4) must be with a "C" or better
- Lower division major preparation done
- 2.5+ GPA (Impacted majors and popular campuses may use additional "selection criteria", including a higher GPA and specific preparation.
- See the list of impacted majors at www.calstate.edu/AR/impactioninfo.shtml.
- Apply during the CSU priority application period at CSU Mentor (www.csumentor.edu)
Note: To graduate from a CSU, students are required to complete at least 9 units of upper division GE after transfer. Students cannot complete all GE required for graduation from a CSU at Butte College.
Butte College counselors assist students to develop specific academic plans to fulfill the requirements for transfer. To make an appointment, call the Butte College Transfer Counseling Center at (530) 895-2264.