Library Mission Statement
Butte College Library is committed to providing quality information resources and services that meet the curriculum needs of our students. The Library also assists in fulfilling the diverse information needs of our entire college community and serves as an integral part in helping users develop the skills used in lifelong learning. We accomplish our mission through:
In all of our interactions, we are guided by the following values.
- We commit ourselves to excellence.
- We seek out the best tools, people, and resources to accomplish our work.
- We are dedicated to ongoing learning for individual and organizational growth.
- We work diligently to exceed the expectations of those we serve.
- We treat everyone with equal consideration and courtesy.
- We engage others with compassion, empathy and tolerance.
- We encourage differences in perspectives, opinions, and ideas.
- We provide an environment that is inclusive and diverse.
- We relate to each other with honesty and candor.
- We adhere to the principles of fairness, justice, and equality in our work.
- We promote the highest standards of our profession, including open and equitable access to information.
- We maintain a strong work ethic, taking responsibility for our actions, keeping our word, and following through on our commitments.
- We engage in open and honest communication at all levels.
- We seek feedback to ensure understanding.
- We reach out to all segments of our user communities.
- We share information and solicit opinions about decisions that affect the success of the Library.