Library Reference (530) 879-4024
Many of our databases when searched by provider have a Power Search! This allows you to search your topic across multiple databases all at once.
Full-text of the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology, research updates from The McGraw-Hill Yearbooks of Science and Technology, more than 12,000 illustrations, the latest Science News headlines, biographies, and more.
- APA Psycnet
Full text of Peace & Conflict: A Journal of Peace Psychology and other American Psychological Association journals.
- Auto Repair Reference Center
Repair Info with step-by-step, repair-oriented information for all areas of your vehicle; Technical Service Bulletins and Recall information; Electrical Wiring Diagrams; Scheduled Maintenance Intervals; Labor & Time Estimates to determine hours and estimate the cost of the repair; and Advanced Diagnostic troubleshooting based on symptoms and ODBII codes.
- Britannica Online
Encyclopaedia Britannica, the Britannica Books of the Year from 1994 to the present, Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, and a directory of selected links. Also, statistics for all countries in World Data Analyst, phrases from famous authors in Notable Quotations, and essays from great thinkers in Gateway to the Classics.
- CQ Press Electronic Reference LibraryCQ Weekly (containing nonpartisan information on Capitol Hill), The CQ Researcher (covering current and controversial issues), and CQ's Electronic Encyclopedia of American Government.
- College Source WebFeatures over 10,500 College catalogs in original page format including 2-year, 4-year, graduate, and professional schools.
Includes Country Reviews and Country Wire. Country Reviews provide a political and economic survey of 191 countries. Country Wire has the latest political, economic, corporate, and environmental issues and events.
- EBSCOhost (Power Search!)
Includes 30 databases on a variety of subjects, including GreenFILE, ERIC, CINAHL, MEDLINE, Business Source, Religion and Philosophy, Psychology and Behavioral Sciences, Vocational and Career Collection, Teacher Reference Center, as well as multiple-subject databases with different reading levels including Academic Search Premier (mostly peer-reviewed journal articles), MAS Ultra (high schools), Primary Search (elementary schools) and MasterFILEPremier (public libraries). Now includes the 28,000 title eBook Collection (formerly NetLibrary) and Wilson's OmniFile Full Text Select
- eHRAF World Cultures
A cross-cultural database that contains information on all aspects of cultural and social life. The annually-growing Human Relations Areas Files database is unique in that the information is organized into cultures and ethnic groups and the full-text sources are subject-indexed at the paragraph level.
- FACTS.com Reference Suite
- Includes the Facts On File World News Digest since 1980, Issues and Controversies On File, Issues and Controversies in American History, Today's Science On File, Reuters On-Line News Service, the World Almanac and Book of Facts, and the World Almanac Encyclopedia.
- Gale databases (Power Search!)
- Biography in Context; Discovering Collection; Literature Resource Center (LRC, Scribner Writers Series Online, Twayne's Authors Online); Contemporary Authors; Contemporary Literature Criticism Select; Dictionary of Literary Biography; Health Reference Center Academic; Health and Wellness Resource Center; and the Gale Virtual Reference Library.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Authoritative electronic versions of encyclopedias, dictionaries, and almanacs on the Arts, Humanities, Sciences, Social Sciences, and more.
- Google Scholar (Power Search!)
Search for scholarly literature online. Click on "Get Full-text@Butte CC" from the results list to check local holdings. Includes peer-reviewed papers, theses, books, abstracts and articles, from academic publishers, professional societies, preprint repositories, universities and other scholarly organizations. (Note: for off-campus access to Butte College holdings, please follow the instructions to set your preferences, here.)
- JSTOR Arts & Sciences I, II, & III
397 scholarly journal archives in the humanities, arts, and social sciences, including archaeology, religion, classics & folklore; African, Latin American, Middle Eastern, & Slavic studies; art & architecture; economics, history, political science, sociology, ecology, mathematics, and statistics.
- Net Library eBooks see eBook Collection (EBSCOHost)
- America's Newspapers
Full text U.S., regional and local news, including the Chico Enterprise Record and other Northern California papers. Articles are reviewed for quality, relevance, and balance of coverage. Topics include social issues, economics, environment, health and science, government, sports, the arts, music, literature and TV, as well as biographical articles.
- Local News Stories
Full text articles from Butte, Glenn, Yuba & Shasta county newspapers, including the Chico Enterprise Record, Paradise Post and Oroville Mercury-Register.
- Oxford University Press
- Oxford Art Online
Contains the full text of The Grove Dictionary of Art, The Oxford Companion to Western Art, The Encyclopedia of Aesthetics, and The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Art Terms. There are over 45,000 articles and images on every aspect of the visual arts, including painting, sculpture, graphic arts, architecture, decorative arts and photography from prehistory to the present day.
- Oxford Music Online
Contains the full text of The New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians, 2nd ed., The New Grove Dictionary of Opera, The New Grove Dictionary of Jazz, 2nd ed., The Oxford Companion to Music, and The Oxford Dictionary of Music,, 2nd ed. rev.
- Proquest Direct (Power Search!)
- Proquest Research Library; Career and Technical Education; Ethnic NewsWatch; National Newspaper Abstracts . Scholarly and popular articles on the arts, business, children, education, general interest, health, humanities, international, law, military, multicultural issues, psychology, sciences, social sciences, and women's interests from over 4400 journals, newspapers, and magazines.
- RAND California
- Statistical data from national, California state, county, city, and zip code levels. Includes Online Library from leading California public policy and research institutions; Economic Reports including employment, trade, and other regional activities; Federal Policy Bulletins reporting on key federal public policy issues affecting the state; and California Policy Bulletins which reports on key state policy issues and developments from Sacramento.
- SIRS Knowledge Source
- SIRS Researcher (General Reference); SIRS Government Reporter (Information By & About the U.S. Government); SIRS Renaissance (Arts & Humanities); SIRS NetSelect (Selected Internet Sites), Today's News, World Almanac excerpts, and Maps of the World.
- Wilson Web - OmniFile Full Text Select -- See Omnifile in EBSCOHost
Back to top