The Library Committee is comprised of faculty members representing all academic departments and programs. The Committee meets twice each semester and it is chaired by the Library Director. Each member serves a two-year term.
The purpose of the committee is to:
- Provide advice to help the library achieve its mission and realize its strategic plans.
- Represent teaching and research interests relevant to the library.
- Promote the library´s role and enhance its effectiveness in the educational process.
- Advise the library on collection, facility, and service policies and on new initiatives.
- Acts as a channel of information between the Library and the academic departments and programs.
Member responsibilities are to:
- Serve their departments and programs as a knowledgeable resource for library information.
- Report to the department and programs they represent and recommend appropriate faculty action.
- Communicate to the Library Director the needs of their departments and programs.
Membership: The committee consists of the Library Director and nine faculty members.
- Director of the Library.
- Three Faculty members from Career and Technical Education:
- - One from Agriculture and Natural Resources, and Allied Health (EMT / Paramedic; Nursing; Respiratory Care).
- - One from Business Education, Cosmetology, and Family and Consumer Sciences (Child Development / Home Economics; Tourism and Travel).
- - One from Fine Arts, and Communications Technology (Fine Arts; Computer Science; Telecommunications), and Industrial Technology (Automotive; Building Inspection Technology, Drafting/Engineering; Welding).
- Four Faculty Members from Transfer and General Education:
- - One from Biological Sciences, Mathematics, and Natural and Physical Sciences.
- - One from Health / Physical Education / Athletics / Dance / Recreation and Social and Behavioral Sciences.
- - One from Language and Performing Arts / Humanities.
- One faculty member from EOPS and Special Programs
- One faculty member from Counseling / Advising.
Library Committee Members 2010-2011
Dr. Luozhu Cen,
Dean of Library Services, Sociocultural Sciences,
Social & Behavioral Science (Chair)
Dave Cooper (Art)
Dr. Duke Sun (Math)
Dr. Cristina Dahl (English)
Lisa Kekaha (LEAD)
Nicole LaGrave (LEAD)
Phoebe Hartt (Math)
Suzanne Wakim (Biological Sciences)
Dr. Wei-Ming Wu (Philosophy)
Dr. Sandra Sloan (BCIS)
Mark Thompson (Associated Students)