Butte College Automotive offers very limited service and repairs on vehicles. If you are interested in automotive service, please read the following:
1. You must be Butte College staff, faculty, or a current Butte College student to receive service from Butte College Automotive.
2. The work is performed by students in classes set up for the purpose of learning the trade. The work is NOT done by journeymen mechanics in a profit-making business, but by students under the direction of an instructor.
3. A conscientious effort will be made to return the vehicle or equipment in a repaired condition, however, we offer NO GUARANTEE.
4. The Automotive Department will provide an estimate on parts necessary to make the needed repairs. Labor is free; however, the Automotive Department is appreciative of a donation of $25.
5. We will contact you for your advance approval if we discover that different or additional repairs are indicated.
6. Notification that repair work has been completed shall be by telephone or Email.
7. If the vehicle described herein is not called for within three (3) days after such notice is given, a storage charge of $10.00 per day will be made for each day thereafter.
8. Because we work in a non-pay, non-profit situation, the department cannot promise to complete a job at any definite time, but we will do our best to complete the work as quickly as possible (and approximately on a projected delivery date).
9. Butte College and the Automotive Department cannot assume responsibility for the vehicle or its contents due to fire, theft, or vandalism while on school property. The vehicle will be parked outside in the Automotive Department's parking lot.
10. Butte College does not assume any responsibility for any damage to a vehicle or equipment that may result form student errors in repair work after the vehicle leaves the Auto Shop.
11. Vehicles to be worked on may be operated and driven by instructors and/or students for the purpose of testing, inspection or delivery.
If you have read, understand and agree with these rules, please click here to continue.