The Butte College Automotive Program has partnered with the SCCA and Thunderhill Raceway Park in Willows, California, to offer the Butte College Motorsports Club. Students will learn about team building skills, pit crew responsibilities, event production, EPA requirements, and SCCA safety and rule regulations.
Club members can learn about:
• What it takes to build a road race car
• Engine/drivetrain modification & maintenance
• Racecar brake design, operation & maintenance
• Racecar Chassis/Suspension design, setup & maintenance
• Racecar safety systems designs & maintenance
• Tire/wheel design & maintenance
• Learn what it takes to get a competition license or get involved in different forms of racing
• Learn/perform racetrack specialties (flagging, communication, timing & scoring, fire crew, etc.)
• Learn about sponsorship and marketing of a racecar
• Learn about the workings of a racing team by working on one!