Medical Transcription Certificate of Achievement Application
Faculty Advisors: Dorinda Salvo
Requirements may be different if you have catalog rights to a different year.
Requirements for Certificate:
Prerequisite: Keyboarding rate of 65 wpm with three or fewer errors.
- Keyboarding Speed and Accuracy (BCIS 24)
- Business Writing Skills (BCIS 12)
- Microsoft Word (BCIS 28)*
- Medical Transcription for Certification I (BCIS 71)
- Human Anatomy (BIOL 20) or Introduction to Human Biology (BIOL 2)
- Medical Transcription for Certification II (BCIS 72)
- Medical Transcription for Certification III (BCIS 73)
- Medical Transcription for Certification IV (BCIS 74)
- Voice Recognition (BCIS 25)
- Career Work Experience (BCIS 99)
Notes: *Preparation for Microsoft Office Specialist Certification
See your faculty advisor for any substitutions or waivers of required classes.
Please apply for the certificate of achievement only if you have completed
the majority of the requirements and are near completion.