Back to Section Home

Registering For Classes

Students who have completed Assessment and Orientation can proceed to Register using WebAdvisor. Contact counseling at 895-2378 for help with class selection or refer to our Catalog and Transfer Page for additional help.

Enrollment Process


  • NEW You are a new student if you have never applied to Butte College. If you have taken courses at Butte College while in high school and have since graduated, you are considered a new student. (Complete Steps 1-6)
  • TRANSFER You are a transfer student if you have completed course work at a community college or university other than Butte College. (Complete Steps 1-6)
  • RETURNING You are a returning student if you previously completed course work at Butte College and are returning after a lapse of time or enrollment at another college. (Complete Steps 2-6)
  • CONTINUING You are a continuing student if you attended the preceding fall or spring term. Continuing students receive priority registration times in April and November. (Complete Steps 5-6)
  • K-12 You are a K-12 student if you are under 18 and have not graduated high school. To take classes you must have a concurrent enrollment authorization on file by the deadline. (Complete Steps 1 and 4-6)


Apply online. If you need an application sent to you, call (530) 895-2511.


Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at, using the Butte College Federal School Code - 006972. Completing a FAFSA before you enroll may exempt you from the requirement to pay fees within 7 days. See Financial Aid for additional information. Also see Step 6 below.


Send your official transcripts from all previously attended colleges to Butte College Admissions and Records: 3536 Butte Campus Drive, Oroville, CA 95965. Allow 4-6 weeks for delivery and processing.


All new students are required to complete Assessment prior to attending Orientation. Go to Assessment or call (530) 895-2511 for test scheduling and preparation information. Once you have contacted Assessment, visit Orientation to schedule your Orientation session. New Student Orientation will consist of a campus tour, meeting with a counselor, setting up your MyBC account, and registering for courses.

  • If you have completed English, and/or math courses at another college or plan to enroll in a course with an established prerequisite, go to “Prerequisites” or the Assessment website or call (530) 895-2511 to request an evaluation of your transcripts.
  • Have completed 24+ units at another college(s) and are in good academic standing with a G.P.A. of 2.0 or more, K-12 students, or students not pursuing a degree/certificate/transfer program may be exempt from orientation. For more details about exemptions contact (530) 895-2511.


New students will register during their Orientation. If you are not required to attend orientation then see the class schedule, MyBC or Admissions for "Times to Register."

  • Confirm your schedule after you register with “My Class Schedule.”
  • You must attend the first day of class to ensure enrollment.

6. PAY

Students have 7 days from the time of registration to pay fees or they will be dropped from one or more classes. See Paying Your Fees in the schedule or 7days for details.

Questions about Admissions, Assessment, Registration, Financial Aid, and Orientation, call (530) 895-2511; for Counseling call (530) 895-2378.

Butte College | 3536 Butte Campus Drive, Oroville CA 95965 | General Information 530.895.2511

Back to Top