The Butte-Glenn Community College District is governed by a Board of Trustees comprised of seven publicly elected officials, and one student elected by the student body. The Board of Trustees is committed to fulfilling its duties and responsibilities to the District by:
- representing the public interest;
- establishing policies that define the institutional mission and set prudent, ethical and legal standards for college operations;
- hiring and evaluating the CEO (Superintendent/President);
- delegating power and authority to the Superintendent/President to effectively lead the District;
- ensuring fiscal health and stability;
- monitoring institutional performance and educational quality; and
- advocating and protecting on behalf of the District.