2012-2013 Executive Board
Download Associated Students Executive Board Brochure
- AS President
- Major: Theater Production
- Educational Goals: Masters, Theater Production
- Career Goals: College Drama Professor
- Contact email@example.com
"I have helped increase services offered by the A.S. and helped in the planning and opening of two new centers for the campus. I plan to offer more as your A.S. president."
The President of the Associated Students chairs all Executive Board meetings and assists in the strategic planning of the A.S. and makes vacant board member appointments as necessary. It is the duty of the A.S. President to attend Budget and Planning, Shared Governance, College Council, Leadership, Student Activities and Presidential meetings.
- V.P. of External Affairs
- Major: Business
- Educational Goals: Bachelor of Business (Accountancy)
- Career Goals: Accountant
"As a Business major, I have been working for the A.S. for the past year. I developed skills to rise to the demands this organization requires from an effective leader and director."
It is the duty of the Vice President of External Affairs to oversee the Ambassador Program, all external operations and attend leadership and shared governance meetings. In the case of the absence of both the President and the V.P. of Internal Affairs, the V.P. of External Affairs acts on behalf of the President.
- V.P. of Internal Affairs
- Major: Nursing
- Educational Goals: Getting into the Butte College Nursing Program
- Career Goals: Working 3 days a week in a busy E.R.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
"Being a leader, representing students and ensuring the growing success and effectiveness of the Associated Students."
It is the duty of the Vice President of Internal Affairs to oversee internal operations and attend leadership and shared governance meetings. In the case of his/her absence, V.P. of Internal Affairs acts on behalf of the A.S. President.
- Business Affairs Director
- Major: Business
- Educational Goals: B.S. from Chico State in Business Admin. and then Law School
- Career Goals: To participate in corporate law and/or be involved in politics.
- Contact: email@example.com
"My goal is to be fiscally responsible, while raising funds for more A.S. supported events and programs."
It is the duty of the Business Affairs Director to update the Associated Student's annual budget, provide monthly budget reports and oversee all A.S. purchases.
- Cultural Affairs Director
- Major: Civil Engineering / Water Resources
- Educational Goals: B.S., Civil Engineering /Water Resources; Minor in Sustainability & a Masters in Water Engineering
- Career Goals: To be a part of water related projects locally and globally.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
"I want to break barriers and build new bridges by empowering our diverse community in order to create a culturally rich and peaceful environment on campus."
The Cultural Affairs Director acts as a liaison between the A.S. and ethnic and minority groups on campus. This director works closely with the Culture and Community Center, the Diversity Committee and offers representation on other campus-wide committees.
- ICC Representative
- Major: Environmental Horticulture
- Educational Goals: Bachelors of Science in Agriculture/Crop Science
- Career Goals: Research and Development in Plant Breeding
- Contact: email@example.com
"My goal is to promote more interaction and collaboration between clubs while providing clubs with the tools and support needed to accomplish their goals"
It is the duty of the Inter Club Council (ICC) Representative to chair all ICC meetings and oversee ICC related projects. The ICC Representative acts as a liaison between clubs and the A.S. board.
- Major: Political Science and international Relations
- Educational Goals: To transfer to either UC Davis or Chico State
- Career Goals: Practice legislative law and participate in government.
- Contact: ParliamentaryAS@butte.edu
"My goal is to add a fresh new voice to the officer team as well as hold the team accountable upon participating in proper Parliamentary Procedure throughout our meetings."
The Parliamentarian maintains order during all A.S. Executive Board meetings and is up to date on Robert's Rules of Order and Brown Act stipulations. It is the duty of the Parliamentarian to review and stay updated on A.S. Constitution and by-laws.
- Outreach Director
- Major: Theater, Film and Foley Major
- Educational Goals: To transfer to the Academy of the Arts, SF
- Career Goals:To be an actress and do Foley work
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
"My goal for the position is to utilize the student body, the street team and clubs. I hope to get more students involved and help our student body grow."
It is the duty of the Publicity Director to maintain community relations between the A.S. Board and Student Activities and the greater Butte College community. The Publicity Director assists in communicating to Butte College the mission, activities and goals of the A.S.
- Sustainability Director
- Educational Goals:
- Career Goals:
- Contact: email@example.com
The Sustainability Director acts as a liaison between the A.S. and the Sustainability Resource Center and other local environmental initiatives. This director also represents the A.S. at the Land-Use Committee and Sustainability Steering Committee meetings.
- Legislative Analyst
- Major:Agribusiness and Business Management
- Educational Goals: Masters in Business Management
- Career Goals:Run or own a business
- Contact: LegislativeAs@butte.edu
"My goal is to advocate for student's rights, assist in creating and interpreting the laws of our organization. I also keep the student population updated on local, state, and federal legislation affecting the college."
It is the duty of the Legislative Analyst to stay informed of local, state and federal legislation affecting the student population. The Legislative Analyst will inform the A.S. Board any relevant information regarding the student body and help coordinate political activities on campus.
- Academic Affairs Director
- Major: RN, Nursing
- Educational Goals: Nursing Degree
- Career Goals: To become a Registered Nurse in the area.
- Contact: AcademicAffairsAS@butte.edu
"My goal is to enhance student's awareness of curriculum and academic related issues."
It is the duty of the Academic Affairs Director to represent the A.S. at Academic Senate meetings and be the liaison between Butte College faculty and the A.S. The Academic Affairs Director will keep the A.S. informed on curriculum and academic related issues.
- Satellite Campus Director
- Major: Business Management
- Educational Goals: AS in Business Management, Certificate in HR and Accounting
- Career Goals: Working for a large company in Norhtern CA or Southern OR.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
"I hope to be influential in getting the Chico Center Lounge open and make it a fun and relaxing place to be. I also hope to make decision that represent all of the student body at Chico Community College."
The Satellite Campus Director maintains open communication with the Chico and Glenn Centers as well as all activities in the Chico Center Lounge. This director is responsible for representing the A.S. at the "Town and Gown" meetings in Chico.
- Health & Wellness Director
- Major: Psychology
- Educational Goals: A.S., Psychology & Bachelors from the University of Hawaii
- Career Goals: Psychologist
- Contact: HealthaffairsAs@butte.edu
"My goals for my position are to bring more awareness to healthy eating and life choices. I also want to do more with alcohol and drug awareness."
It is the duty of the Health and Wellness Director to organize and implement programs or events relating to health and wellness. The Health and Wellness Director acts as a liaison between the A.S. and the Center of Well Being.
- Social Director
- Major: Math
- Educational Goals: Transfer to UCSC
- Career Goals: College Math Professor
- Contact: email@example.com
"As a social director, my goal is provide a service for every Butte College student and our community. I would like to bring more people to our school events and have fun."
It is the role of the Social Director to plan and coordinate student activities and events with the A.S. Advisor. This director may advise and assist clubs with event planning and coordinate and recruit for the A.S. Street Team.
- Technology Director
- Education Goals:
- Career Goals:
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is the role of the Technology Director to serve the A.S. Executive Board by reporting on any technology issues on campus, advise on technology related purchases, and run A.S. meeting equipment. The Technology Director will sit on the Technology Council and serve as the chair of the A.S. survey task force.
- Student Trustee
- Major: Environmental Science
- Education Goals: B.S. in Sustainable Ecology w/ minor in Sociology
- Career Goals: Environmental Consulting
- Contact: email@example.com
"My goal is to formulate solutions to current issues between students and administration and also provide a student voice for the future Butte College General Plan."
It is the role of the Student Trustee to act as a liaison between the A.S. Board and the Butte College Board of Trustees. The Student Trustee attends monthly meetings with the Butte College President, A.S. Advisor, A.S. President and A.S. Vice Presidents.